Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Economic Logic is one year old!

I have already been posting for a year, and it has been fun doing so. While I started by commenting on the world around me from the perspective of an economist, I soon started discussing research. I guess it is just in my blood.

For those interested in blogging: it is quite a commitment to write on a regular basis, but it is rewarding in the sense that putting thoughts on "paper" allows one to put them in order, and sufficiently well for them to sustain the criticism of others. It is, however, somewhat time consuming. If I continue at this rhythm, it will cost me a paper a year, but I still think it is worth it.

While there are fewer comments than I anticipated, and while the readership is still rather confidential (although being featured on Econ Academics gave it a bump), I still hope I make some impact and get people interested in the topics I approach. Some posts had indeed some impact, here is a list:

The most viewed posts: Who will win the Olympics?, Why do people vote?, 2008=1929?

The most commented: Gas taxes are much too low, Illegal immigrants have rights that need to be defended, What is wrong with today's undergraduates?,

The most linked to: What is the FDIC thinking?, Blanchard's sad state of macroeconomics, I am upset.

In the comments section, I encourage you to state what you liked or disliked about the blog so far. It may or may not influence what I post in the future. But one thing is for sure: I will continue posting about research.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just continue like this. Your blog is great. I am also surprised by the lack of comments, this is one of the few blogs that actually compels me to comment...

Anonymous said...

I like your reviews of research papers a lot, and the survey pieces the best. But I understand the latter probably require more work, so I am not asking you to do the latter more frequently.