Saturday, December 17, 2011

Four years, 1000 posts

I am now entering the fifth year of blogging, and this is the 1000th post, which means I have discussed about one thousand papers. Personally, I find this an incredibly high number. In fact there are so many that I once discussed a paper a second time, forgetting I already did take care of it before.

This is also my yearly opportunity to reassess whether what I am doing here makes sense at all. I obviously get no outside reward for the blog, but that is OK. Only the top bloggers get recognition, and I am not one of them. So it is all about personal gratification, and I think I am still happy about doing it. It is sometimes a struggle to find the time to put things on "paper", but as I still enjoy it, I'll continue for another year.

This year of blogging was dominated by the Bruno Frey saga, which I believe has attracted quite a few new regular readers. That is noticeable because readers from Germany, Switzerland and Australia are much more frequent now. The blog seems also to have an unusually strong and loyal readership in Slovenia.

If you wonder what the most popular posts during this year were, here they are:

  1. On the ethics of research cloning
  2. Why boards keep bad CEOs
  3. Keep CEOs off outside boards
  4. Do we need awards in Economics?
  5. The Bruno Frey bubble
  6. Economists did see the bubble coming
  7. What is an MBA worth?

I am also encouraged to see that discussion of the posts has picked up compared to previous years. Again, Bruno Frey has helped here, but it is also apparent in the regular posts about Economics research. Unfortunately, spam comments have started flocking to this blog, and I apologize that some make it live before I notice them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you! Keep going!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude.

Kansan said...

Yes. Keep on trucking.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Your blog is very valuable!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Work. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. I really like your blog.

Vilfredo said...

I enjoy reading your blog and occasionally commenting on it. I wish more people would participate, though.