Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Results of the syndicating poll

Two weeks ago, I received an inquiry from Nouriel Roubini's RGE Monitor whether I would be willing to have some of my post featured integrally there. I have let the users of this blog vote on this offer and the results are in. Should I accept this offer?

  • Yes, anything that publicizes this blog: 13 votes, 38%
  • Only if money is involved: 6 votes, 17%
  • No, they want to exploit me: 10 votes, 29%
  • Whatever: 5 votes, 14%

What do I learn from this? First, there were actually 34 readers who bothered to vote, which is a good start. Second, there is no clear winner. A majority want me to participate (13+6), almost half seem to think serious money needs to be involved (6+10). I interpret this as: Go ahead, but make sure you get a fair cut from the deal.

So, I will now I will wait to hear from a RGE Monitor representative and see what it has to offer for me.

2 comments:

BreadBox said...

I'd have voted, but I didn't have enough knowledge (nor did I care enough) to vote "whatever"....

Just so long as you keep blogging here...
N.

Anonymous said...

I agree, as long as you keep blogging on an acessible site, I am happy.